Coconut Tapioca Pudding
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
1/3 cup small pearl tapioca
1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
2 heaped teaspoons of coconut cream concentrate
1/4 cup sugar or stevia liquid to taste
1 vanilla bean
3/4 cup unsweetened large-flake coconut, toasted
1/2 cup chopped fresh fruit such as mango, papaya or strawberry
- Place all ingredients in bowl of 6-cup rice cooker
- Slice vanilla bean along side, scrape out contents. Add both contents and the bean shell to the other ingredients
- Stir to combine. Close the cover and set for Porridge cycle
- Open the cover and stir briefly every 20 minutes, then close cover.
- At end of cycle, carefully remove bowl from cooker. Remove the vanilla shell. Pour into a large serving bowl or individual serving dishes.
- Serve warm or cold. Top with toasted coconut and fresh fruit
Note: small pearl tapioca is about the size of sesame seeds; anything larger will take longer and require more liquid.